Friday, August 01, 2008

turntableta


After going without for far too long (and having an acquaintance string me along for an extra six months with unfulfilled promises of selling me hers) I finally broke down and bought a new turntable. If you are a PR person sending me CDs in the mail, you might want to hold off for the next three months, as I have loads of LPs to catch up on and a few familiar favorites to revisit. A quick list of what's getting spins:

LL Cool J: Goin' Back to Cali 12"
Prince Language: Editions Disco Edits (Paul Simon, Belle Epoque, Arthur Russell, etc.)
Keith Hudson: Flesh of My Skin, Blood of My Blood
Pharoah Sanders: Tauhid
Pharoah Sanders: Wisdom Through Music

ZZ Top: Eliminator
Jimmy Giuffre: Clarinet
Waylon Jennings: Lonesome, On'ry and Mean
Erik Satie: Piano Music Vol. 1
Ocrilim: Octis

Prince Douglas: Dub Roots
Mickey Newbury: I Came to Hear the Music
Franz Schubert: Music for Violin and Piano
Grace Jones: Nightclubbing
Butthole Surfers: Locust Abortion Technician

Mad Professor: Dub Me Crazy Volume 5
Wade Nichols (a/k/a Todd Terje): Horse With No Shame 12"
Marc-Antoine Charpentier: Music for Port-Royal
Al Green: Let's Stay Together
Al Green: Explores Your Mind

Zapp: s/t
Holst: The Planets
Disco Not Disco Volume One
Xanadu OST
Bohannon: Stop and Go

Low Motion Disco: Love Love Love 12"
Chopin: Ballades
New Order: Thieves Like Us 12"
The Temptations: Masterpiece
Lovejoys: Lovers Rock