Saturday, November 01, 2008

beLA


So I'm out in LA this week. It's my first time out here since 1991 --seventeen years ago!-- when I came out for a drama club field trip with my high school. Our club went to see Michael Crawford in Phantom of the Opera, a bunch of people in furry tights for Cats, Lily Tomlin in Search for Intelligent Signs of Life in the Universe, and I fell asleep during each show, thus ending my fixation on theatre.

By far the best thing I did out here last time was go to Universal Studios to see the Miami Vice Stunt Spectacular. Upon developing my photos from the trip, I realized I had some 50 pics of exploding speedboats and stunt guys in white suits flying through mid-air, shot from a distance of 200 ft. or something. So this trip couldn't possibly top the awesomeness of that, but I'm trying. I have already had a quintessential LA experience though: last night I sat in a traffic jam for 5 1/2 hours!