Tuesday, March 08, 2011

fletawood mac


For most of 2011, I've been obsessed with an obscure album cut from Fleetwood Mac, 1973's "Hypnotized." It's gone on every mix made thus far, and led me to pick up an album that I had always avoided because of its woeful album art, Mystery to Me.



So it's a no-brainer on my playlist for cruising around California. Stops off at records shops lead to more Fleetwood Mac 45s (like this one), but what's been uncanny for me is the sudden appearance of record players in all of my friends' homes. Arriving at our friends' house in San Diego, the LP that was in mid-spin was Fleetwood Mac's massive double album, Tusk.

And pulling up to a friend's house in El Segundo, the sleeve atop his record player is...Rumours. The next day, staying at another friend's house in Hollywood, he had a copy of Christine McVie's The Legendary Christine Perfect Album near the top of the stacks. All of which gives me the impression that by law, Californians must listen to Fleetwood Mac.