Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Pazz & Jop Ballot


Funny, a month on I would have failed a pop quiz if you had asked me what it was I wound up voting for in the 2010 Pazz & Jop Album's Poll. Regretted forgetting about Erykah Badu, Robyn, Motor City Drum Ensemble, and The Crystal Ark single but am grateful to have somehow made it through the year without remembering Kanye or "Fuck You."

But I'm pretty pleased with how my singles ballot came out, with only four of the ten garnering another vote (#1, 7, 9 and 10). I know the trend is that thousands of singles get only one vote for them, yet it's still satisfying to shine a light on some of the new music that got to me this year. Then again, it's also weird to realize that some of my respected peers posted zero (or like, four) singles.


1Try to Find Me, "Get to My Baby (TBD Extension)"
Golf Channel
2Bubble Club, "Violet Morning Moon (Dr. Dunks Remix)"
Bubble Club
3Mim Suleiman, "Nyuli"
Running Back
4Tiago, "Rider (COS/MES Remix)"
Ene Japan
5Mick, "Macho Brother (DJ Nozaki's Macho Break Mix)"
10 Inches of Pleasure
6Entro Senestre, "La Caccia"
Wt
7Oneohtrix Point Never, "Returnal"
Editions Mego
8Crue-L Grand Orchestra, "(You Are) More Than Paradise (Theo Parrish Long Version 1)"
Crue-L
9Midnight Magic, "Beam Me Up (Jacques Renault Remix)"
Permanent Vacation
10Justin Bieber, "U Smile (800% Slower by Shamantis)"
Mp3